At Wildlife & Eco Gardens we believe in working with nature to ensure our clients receive a high quality service to enhance their outdoor green spaces. We offer a large range of services in the Derby, Brinsley, Ilkeston, Hucknall, Strelley, Cotgrave and surrounding areas, if the work you want doing is not listed below then please contact us.
Wildlife & Eco Gardens was set up in November 2016 by Michael Wood and Daniel Darkholme, after completing a horticulture qualification at Brakenhurst.
Our Ethos at Wildlife & Eco Gardens
- Working with nature to ensure wildlife has a home in gardens
- Using organic methods to manage green spaces without harmful chemicals or causing damage to the environment
- Applying sound horticultural knowledge to our practices to ensure the best possible results for clients and ensuring healthy plants
- Promoting the advantages of integrating edible, medicinal and useful plants into your green space
- Ensuring everyone has access to knowledge about nature, gardening and living with nature
- Wildlife & Eco Gardens will utilise methods, equipment and resources which minimise energy and resource usage, and ensure we produce minimal waste if any. To this end we use some tradition methods such as scythes for grass cutting / weed clearance
- Wildlife & Eco Gardens will not accept, nor seek funding from any business, organisation or society who is involved with unethical or environmentally unsound practices to the best of our ability
- Wildlife & Eco Gardens will not bank with any business involved in unethical or environmentally unsound practices to the best of our ability
- Working to ensure we do not negatively effect the environment in all our work, from sourcing products to designing with nature
- Wildlife & Eco Gardens has zero tolerance towards any-form of discrimination such as sexism, racism, homophobia, religious intolerance or any other form of prejudice / intolerance
- Wildlife & Eco Gardens will source all materials used from ethical companies suing environmentally sound practices tot he best of our ability
- Wildlife & Eco Gardens is run on vegan principles, as such we will not use any animal based products, with the exception of well rotted manure from Brinsley animal rescue in order to help reduce the sanctuary waste
- Wildlife & Eco Gardens will help promote positive social change, via educational training in environmental issues along with community events promoting harmony through horticulture and nature activities